Community Access to Outdoor Facilities During In-Person Instruction and Summer School
Our school buildings and grounds are available for community use according to policies established by the Beaverton School District. To manage requests and expenses related to facility use, we have established procedures to request use of a facility, to establish priority for use, to set fees, and to ensure that District facilities are used appropriately.
The only way to request use of a District facility is by creating a Schooldude account and submitting a request online. Click on the yellow "Community User" button above. If you need any assistance setting up an account and/or in submitting a facility use request, please contact us at 503-356-4619.
Please know that during school instruction time our outdoor school facilities — playgrounds, fields, tracks and paths — will be closed to the general public for the safety of our students and staff.
Families are welcome to use elementary and middle school playgrounds, fields, tracks, and paths after in-person instruction and do so at their own risk. Please note that playground equipment will not be sanitized by school staff. Playground visitors are recommended to take precautions for health and safety. Please be mindful and respectful to staff that continue to work in the buildings.
High School Turf fields and gates will remain locked and secure when school is not in session and when district staff are not present.
Our tennis courts are not open for use during school hours when the campus is closed. THPRD has many tennis courts and a list can be found here:http://www.thprd.org/facilities/sports/babette-horenstein-tennis-center/outdoor-courts
If you are looking for an on-leash or off-leash dog park, THPRD has many options. You may find a list here: http://www.thprd.org/parks-and-trails/dog-parks
Community Use of Beaverton Schools District Facilities
When space is available, individuals and community members may apply to reserve District facilities. The requested times may not interfere with the Beaverton School District instructional programs, student athletics or activities and school-related groups.
District facilities are not available for use or rental June 1through September 30th due to school sponsored events.
Beaverton School District is now accepting online Facility Use requests for rental of our facilities. Please contact Facility Use for more information on available sites.
All facility use is reserved using our online reservation system. Click on the Community User button and follow the instructions in the upper right-hand corner. Once you become a Community User, you may apply to use our facilities.
Please consider the following when requesting use:
- Facility use is only approved when we have the staff to support the rental.
- We are not an event center. We have limited elementary and middle school gyms, cafeterias, and fields available for rental. The room is rented as is. There will be no use of school equipment such as microphones, projectors, podiums, special lightning, extra chairs, or tables.
- Food may only be served and eaten in the cafeteria.
- We will need detailed information for your rental before approval.
- Bouncy houses or water slides are not permitted.
- All approved rentals will require BSD personnel such as a building monitor and/or a custodian at requester expense.
- We will not approve any events during school closures, holiday periods or long weekends.
- A request must be submitted a minimum of 30 days before the event to be considered.
- After School Enrichment:
Programs will run from October 1st to May 31st. Reservations for the fall term will be accepted beginning July 1st. All events must end by 4pm.
The school year will be divided into three terms and you will reserve use by term:
- Fall - October through December
- Winter - January through March
- Spring - April through May
District Closures: When the District is closed for inclement weather, all facility use is cancelled.
Questions regarding fees, invoices, online payments, policy and procedural issues should be directed to the Facility Use Team at 503.356.4619 or email@example.com